Blog Post 12

I emailed the voice recording, I was not able to get it on here :(



Criterion A: Knowledge or Understanding of the Text or Extract
- 7 because I referenced information outside of the text given showing that I had an understanding of the book and the themes that were present
Criterion B: Understanding of the use and Effects of Literary Features
- 7 because I feel like I hit on a lot of the techniques but sometimes I was not clear on how the techniques affected the meaning of the text
Criterion C: Organization
- 5 I broke it down between 3 themes that I focused on for part of the time
Criterion D: Language
- 3 because I could have used better words and I feel like I was basically just throwing up all the information and wasn't using more critical analytical terms

Comments

  1. Andrew: Remember that this is an analysis of the passage, so spend a brief amount of time summarizing the text and a brief amount of time summarizing the passage- this should be about 1 minute MAX. Additionally, be sure to establish a thesis that gives the purpose of the passage and HOW it's developed. That's what you want to discuss- a lot of your commentary veers on just paraphrasing and no actual analysis of what Atwood is doing, HOW she's doing it (techniques) and WHY she's doing it (the effect on reader).

    A: 4
    B: 3
    C: 3
    D: 3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 1

Blog Post 3

Blog Post 13